About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

When BOY becomes MAN!

So Frankie came to visit for the New Year.... and ended up in the ER...TWICE!
The first trip was a due to a mistake I made with his meds. I don't need to tell you how bad I felt about that!
The second time was because he rode our scooter down the hill in our green way and flipped it. The kick-stand somehow sliced his side about 2 1/2 inches! It took 8 stitches to put him back together!
When I walked into the ER and said "I think he needs stitches." the receptionist looked at me and smiled and said "You were here yesterday."
To which, I replied "I know and his mother is never gonna' let him come to my house again!"


You really have to give this kid credit though! He stayed calm. Not a single tear was shed and kept telling me every thing was gonna be fine. I have told him that this officially made him a man. He agrees!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! That looks great! (*she says with a grimmace and a chuckle!)
Uhhhhh....I understand the meds...and even the stiches...LOL...but...uhhhhh....what the heck happened to Frankie's hair?!!!! Somebody forgot to tell me Maggie got ahold of the scissors? Or what?
LOL

Ranee said...

That is one, manly scar! The zoo looks like it was great fun! I gotta' go with my kiddo's!

William said...

Way to go Frankie! That is an impressive battle scar. I would say that is one to be proud of. Oh and Erica, I don’t think I’ll be sending Ben out to visit any time soon. I’m kidding by the way. I honestly don’t think I have ever met a boy who did not have a talent for dramatic injury.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington