About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jed's last day in AZ!

Today was beautiful! The weather was perfect. We ran late getting up but only left 40 minutes later than I had planned. Not bad for not having John to help and an extra kiddo! We got to the zoo at about 10 and one of those paid people offered to take our picture with our camera (if we let her take one with hers) Brittney and and her mom had dashed for a potty break and I for got to get a group shot with the two of them so this is what I have!
Any way, as most of you know today was the official proposal! Jed got down on one knee in front of a group of people in the middle of the monkey village!!!! I tried to video tape it but Jed was so nervous he was whispering! I haven't seen the video but I think it just has me saying "Speak up we cant hear!"
When the lady working in the monkey village realized what had happened she announced it in case any one had missed it. Every one applauded! I don't know about you guys but I thought that it was rather fitting that Jed proposed to his future wife in the Monkey Village! It's SO Jed...and now it's so Jed and Brittney!
Since we were later getting there than I had hoped we all had a little snack at the cafe and I told the others they could go and I'd stay behind with the kids and finish the zoo. I knew the kids would be sorry to see Jed go but I didn't expect the sorrow that I felt...and not just for Jed but Brittney too. We were all crying... You know...You get an awful lot of odd looks walking through the zoo with a bunch of kids with their heads hanging down silently crying. I was so glad we had the distraction of the zoo for the rest of the afternoon. Once we got to the Maned Wolf their spirits were lifted and we had a pretty decent time for the rest of the day.
It's still kind of hard to swallow that he's gone and who knows maybe Brittney will end up with some in laws that live near her. The kids (and I) all feel like they've lost a brother. Don't get me wrong we are all very happy for them but it's sad not to have him around.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

WOW! I had no idea. That is really exciting. Where are they going to live?

Andrea Hardman said...

Oh, what a fun story. And Congrats to Jed.

Stephanie H. said...

I'm out of the loop, where did Jed go? I assume something military related...

William said...

Jed has a girl? I mean… A girl has Jed? When did this happen. I am so out of the loop. Well I will stop tripping over my jaw now and end by saying Congrats man.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington