About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 99th Birthday Mini-Nana!

Mini-Nana turned 99 on Wednesday! We had a very nice party for her today!

Here are a couple of the pictures we took with her. She had lots of guests and one of them even played the piano for her for almost the entire party. Rose and Sarah sang "Amazing Grace" for her and she really liked that. After the party we had our own little out door photo shoot and took about a million pictures! I normally don't like to put Mini-Nana through that but she was in good spirits. And besides...It's not everyday, you turn 99!

I had never really though about the fact that Nana had been an only child until Mary was talking about how because of one person there were now 60 + more on the earth. The numbers really can astound you, if you think about it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful family and a special opportunity for the kids! I bet she has some great stories to share with them.
Give her hugs for me too, and tell her I said many happy returns!