About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ammon earned his belt... Sarah earned a stripe


Here are my two Karate kids with their instructor (well one of them anyway)! She is amazing! The whole class is! She said that Sarah is the best in class at her block set. (I still don't know what that means though) Sarah earned her first blue strip by doing one "brave thing" each day this week! This normally constitutes running upstairs on her own (or with Lady) to put something away. But this after noon she braved the bathroom all by herself and took a shower with out any one else in there with her! She hasn't done that in over a year!
Ammon surprised us all by volunteering to demonstrate a few things! That is normally way out of his comfort zone. Thus he earned his belt. I must have seen them cheer for him and hi-five him 20 times during class.
I can not tell you what all this positive reinforcement is doing for these two!!!! It has been a long time since I have been so happy about an extra curricular activity! I can't wait to see what they learn next!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: