- I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
on this cool fall day.
run shooting and flying;
You, oh Chocolate Bar,
you are my pool of peace and bliss.
You are the cotton balls in my ears.
You numb the rattling of the house
and the sound of wizards at war.
You silence bickering
and discussions of Halloween costumes.
You are the provider of patience,
the reward I seek.
With your smooth milky texture
on my tongue
I close my eyes and smile.
There is no smell of dirty diapers in the air,
no sink full of dirty dishes before me.
Thank you Chocolate bar,
giver of warm and happy feelings.
Monday, October 25, 2010
In all seriousness, I am feeling a little repentant about the lack of attention I've been paying to all 3 of my devoted followers! LOL!
I have to admit that I do sometimes feel silly typing when I don't know who is reading my blog. For instance, a couple of weeks ago we were at the Covered Bridge Festival. John ran into one of his high school classmates. My children swarmed her table of goodies. Now, mind you, none of them were misbehaving they just seem to overwhelm people when they're all together. I said, "Hi I'm Erica. Sorry for the chaos. They can get a little crazy sometimes." Then his friend says to me, with a smile, "Oh, I know, I read your blog."
Really? Hmmm. How come she never made any comments or said "hi" or anything? Please, if you read my blog let me know sometime... That way I don't feel like I'm typing to... um... myself. Trust me, I do not need a keyboard to talk to myself!
On with the updates...
I want to do an update on all of the kiddos but to be honest I need to wait a day or two. A lot has gone on over the past two weeks and I am beat. I want to have a clear head and really think about the things I want the world to know about my children. For now, I'll just talk about what's on my mind...
The thing about having so many children is that they often get lumped together. Comments like, "Your children are so well behaved.", are thrown out by unknowing family members and friends. The truth is that I have some children that ARE well behaved and some that are not as polished in the art of obedience as I would like them to be. Of course, I'm sure the negative comments are there to but never said to my face... even when they are deserved. :)
I really wish that more of our family and friends had the opportunity to really spend time one on one with each of them. That way they could learn to appreciate the little personality traits. They could take in Ammon's thoughtfulness, and maybe take something from his easy going attitude. Or perhaps they might catch some of Gabriel's Fire for life!!! One might want to be careful what they take from my Chi... I wouldn't want anyone to blow up their house or any thing. Super geniuses have a tendency to do that you know?
More to come on my kiddos in a few short days. I think I'll write a separate post about each one. I don't promise a new one every day, but get to all of them... maybe I'll even have pictures or something! :)
In bunny news: 4 of the baby Flemishes survived after their momma died when they were just a couple weeks old. We have also had another litter of Mini lops. Juliet gave birth to 3 healthy and happy bunnies which have all been successfully weaned.
We are looking to purchase a few more of both breeds in the very near future in order to have the stock for the shows next year.
*Rose and Sarah have begun "working" with our farrier. He is teaching them how to care for his two, and his aunt's 15-ish horses. (That number chances because she is always taking in rescues and re-homing them.) They don't get paid or anything. They are just doing it for the experience and time with horses. It's a fair trade I think, He gets help and my girls get to do what they love!
Dreamer is turning out to be the perfect mini-horse! He rode Hannah, Maggie and Abbie around the field yesterday for quite a while. (All at separate times) We have discovered that he likes sugar. So if he gets loose, Rose just shows him her hand and he comes right to her. She doesn't even have to have sugar in it now! YAY!
Well it's late, so I'll call it a night. I take no responsibility for the improper use of grammar or sloppy content of this post! I figure it's just better to get it out there than to not post anything at all!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
- winter coat (Abbie)
- winter coat and matching snow pants for (Maggie)
- 4 winter hats (Abbie, Maggie, Hannah, Gabie)
- 1 pair mittens (Abbie)
- 1 pair Spider man snow boots (Gabie)
- 1 pair Hannah Montana snow boots (Hannah)
- 3 brand new pairs of Sketchers tennis shoes (Ammon, Chi, Gabie)
- 1 hoodie sweatshirt (Abbie)
- 2 long sleeved shirts (Abbie)
- 1 pair Baby Gap jeans (Abbie)
- 1 pair Children's Place jeans (Abbie)
- 1 pair purple tennis shoes (Hannah)
Grand Total $83.27