About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Going somewhere?

Rose was very helpful this morning, and gave Maggie a bath. (I was right there the whole time) Then she got her all dressed up in a pretty pink dress. Later, while I was doing Hannah's hair she (Maggie) brought me two pink bows and had me do her hair.

Then I walked into the school room and saw her sitting by the front door in an old Easter hat, working very meticulously with the straps on a pair of Hannah's sandals. I smiled and walked into the kitchen and then Ihad a thought "She's leaving!" I turned around and sure enough the door was open just a slit (a Maggie trade mark) and Maggie was gone.


I ran out the door just in time to see her little legs disappear into the driver side of the van! My first thought was to get her out but I ran back into the house to get the camera first! By the time I got back she had situated herself in the drivers seat and was waving and saying "byeeeee...byeeeeee...byeeeeee!"

Apparently Rose had left the the van door open when she went to get something out of it. When I brought her in after our photo shoot she cried and cried! Apparently my little girl has made the connection that the only time she gets a bath is when she's leaving! I wonder why that is.

No comments: