About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Friday, November 21, 2008

"Now take a deep breath and count 1, 2, 3..."

That was my thought this morning, when I needed to calm myself after frantically searching for a missing Maggie at 7 am! She hadn't been in her bed when I went into her room and no one else was awake yet. Rose found her downstairs wedged between the back of the couch and it's cushions...sound asleep!
----------
When Malachi informed me that he didn't need to clean his room because there really is no Santa Clause (I'm sure I don't need to explain his 6 -yr-old logic) I thought my head was going to pop off before I got to ten!
----------
Later when I heard screaming, I walked in to the kitchen just in time to see Hannah throw herself on the floor. Maggie had climbed out of her high chair, crossed two chairs, and was happily sitting sitting on Hannah's booster... eating HER lunch. My eyes shut tight so that I could be in my happy place!
----------
I thought it again when Sarah walked in to the bathroom (while I was trying to go potty) and tried to have a discussion with me. Her topic: The process of doing laundry and why she shouldn't have to gather and sort the whites...That's not really a color you know.
----------
By the end of nap time (or "anti-nap" as I sometimes call it) I was ready to jump up and down, pull my hair out, and start screaming! BUT being the calm composed mother that I am, I decided to count instead.
----------
When Hannah came running down stairs to tell me that Maggie had knocked our ENTIRE box of laundry detergent (the brand new one...from Sams...you know... the one that holds like 180 loads worth) off the top of the dryer onto the laundry room floor, I started counting just one more time!
----------
Then I heard the large crash from the kitchen. (while I was cleaning up puppy pee in my school room) A chorus rang out... "Maggie!" Suddenly, a herd of children were at my side before I was even able to get off the floor. All were more than willing to tell me that THEY were NOT the ones that pulled the kitchen drawer full of utensils out of the cabinet!
----------
Now I am sitting at my computer. The boys and Hannah are outside playing. Abbie is down for a nap. The girls are drawing and playing with the dogs. Maggie is happily "cleaning" with the baby wipes I've given her, and all I can think is... "Yeah! Sometimes my days are like this... but sometimes they are much worse!"

1 comment:

Andrea Hardman said...

Oh, wow. What a day! You made me laugh out loud. Being here, reading about it is much funnier than being there, cleaning it up but, good job finding that happy place. That is a feat that still eludes me on occation. Now my son is asking me repeatedly what's funny. I don't want to tell him in case he thinks that it would be funny if he does it too. Good luck! And, it's not what happens in a day, it's how you deal with it that makes it a good day or bad. So, it sounds like a good day after all!