About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Everybody say "Election Day!"


The kiddos got first hand voting experience today! That's right, at 8:30 this morning, they all piled into the Leschorn Limo with me as we headed off to our polling location. We sat in line for 1 1/2 hours and then we got to cast our vote as a family!
I know I could have done an early ballot, and to be honest, that was my intention. I just never got around to requesting it. Now that it's all said and done though, I'm glad I did it this way! I hope that my children realize how important it is that the American people let their voices be hear.
Even if we are not in the majority, and Obama wins, I can just feel the excitement in the air! This is a historic event in any case! There are record turn outs in voters and no matter who is elected there will be a first!


This is the line we waited in. I didn't think to take pictures of it until after we were done voting but I thought I should take them for historic purposes!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE your yard sign! You are too cool! What lucky kids getting to see their mom make such good choices first hand!

Ranee said...

I took all my kiddo's to the polls, too! Us brave women! We Rock!

Cali and Travis said...

Okay not to detract from the issues at hand here, but I totally have to laugh because one of the twins (sorry I don't know if it's Sarah or Rose) looks like she's about to drop the baby. It just made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on being a good mom, citizen, and example to your children!!!

We were unable to vote this year so I'm glad you did... even if it didn't turn out the way we would have liked. It's gonna be a hard 4 years. I guess everyone is just going to have learn the hard way.

leschornmom said...

Cali...She WAS. I snapped the pic and ran to grab the baby. Luckily, I caught her in the nick of time!