Okay I wasn't really "tagged". I was emailed. But I thought it'd be fun to turn it into a TAG!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the present.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real this year...Our artificial one was broken last year... in a Nerf gun incident!
3. When do you put up the tree? Traditionally Thanksgiving Day BUT we haven't seen any places to buy them yet.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. Hate it. HATE...IT!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A stuffed purple raccoon that I named "Cooney" from my sister Shannon. I carried that thing around for a looong time. I truly believe that my mother must have finally thrown it away for sanitary purposes! Though she claims to have no recollection of him!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Ammon...Hes always so joyful about every thing that it's hard to tell if he's excited about the gift or just his normal smiley self.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Malachi...If it explodes, looks gross, has do with swords guns or magic, involves super heroes, or has the words "as seen on TV"... he's into it!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep! LOVE THEM!
10. Mail or email Season Greeting cards? Well, I have this plan to have it together enough to send out beautiful cards with a beautiful nativity on the out side, and include a family picture in each one. In reality, however, my family should consider it a miracle that I call them after 8pm on Christmas day. SAD...I KNOW!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I am known in John's family for taking baths (it's what I do to unwind) One year I received 16 bath sets...I had enough bubble bath for 3 YEARS! So it wasn't that I didn't like the gifts, but it was just too much of a good thing!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm a traditionalist... Give me It's a Wonderful Life ANY DAY!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ummmm...bought my first gift this year in June.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. But I have bought gifts for my kids at yard sales and on Craig's list! (don't tell them)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Trifle! I Haven't had it since I was about 6 though!
16. Lights on the tree? White only...I think it's more peaceful.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Hmmm...Depends on where I'm going ;)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yep! I can sing them all too! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolf, and Leroy (the redneck one)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star...We don't put it on until Christmas Eve though. It's our way of remembering what Christmas is all about.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The extreme pressure that the world puts on parents to buy a bunch of meaningless crap for their children in hopes to fulfill an emptiness that can only be filled through a change in heart and the love of Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ!....and the fact that I am sucked into that same worldly view every year... until about a month after Christmas, and half of the gifts are broken or lost. It's always then that I realize how stupid it was that I was so stressed about providing a "nice Christmas" that would have been equally as happy with one gift and some extra hugs!
23. What theme or color are you using? Don't know! We have to go shopping for all new inside stuff...part of that Nerf gun incident involving several children and one father (whom shall remain nameless) But I have this dream of one day having a live tree with all clear and white ornaments and bows ... It won't happen until our little ones are much older!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham! - With all the fixins' of course! Turkey's are for Thanksgiving!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hmm. We don't really do gifts for adults so I don't think I'll get anything, but I'd like an IPOD or one of those tables that transforms to a fireplace in the center...Of course I'd never turn away jewelry or an embroidery machine either!
26. Who do you tag? Cali, Andrea, Kermit Crew, and Cindy.
- I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!