About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Could there be anything more fitting than a beautiful rainbow, a double rainbow in fact, on Thanksgiving Day? This picture doesn't even do it justice. It was beautiful. It was so big that I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture!
We have so much to be thankful this year. This time last year I was in the hospital with pre-term labor, the five older kids were with Shannon in Indiana, and Hannah and Maggie were being bounced between ward members and Missy while John tried to work.
To top it off... I was so doped up on Mag that I no memory of it.

The contrast to this year is amazing. My children are all well! I am healthy and our family is together! I could go down a large list of all the things I am thankful for but for now I am content to just share it with my heavenly father. I love that peaceful content feeling you get when every thing is just the way it should be!

No comments: