About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Here I go again...

Over the past 24 hours I've been contemplating how different my children are from one another. One would think after a certain number you'd pretty much start making duplicates. But honestly they amaze me every day.

Rose: Rose is our oldest (twin A) She is so beautiful. Her dark hair is just past her shoulders and all her her features are soo very feminine! Luckily with that beauty comes a very sensible mind. I find myself being very careful around her because if I make a mistake she is sure to point it out. Out of curiosity not disrespect. She tries so hard to be the big girl and "sucks it up" if she wants to cry but isn't comfortable around the person/people she's with. She is an awesome artist when sketching and has recently taken it upon herself to provide her younger brothers and sisters with a bed time story each night.

Sarah: Oh my darling Sarah. She is giggles and butterflies. (twin B) So different than Rose! What she lacks in maturity she more than makes up in love and compassion. You will never see a child want to please adults more than her. 50 failures will not detour her as long as she will eventually gain the praise for solving that math problem. Beauty, for some reason seems to be something all of my girls are blessed with. With so many curly locks she often reminds me of the poem about the little girl with the curl "right in the middle of her forehead". Her eyes are the type that reveal her spirit and they can dance when she smiles.

Ammon: When I think of Ammon...I always picture his big smile. This little boy is ALWAYS happy. I love his laugh! He has the biggest brown eyes and he can truly light up my day when I need it. He has a slight speech challenge which only adds to his sweetness. (Though he pronounces his word perfectly when he's reading) On the rare occasions that he does get in trouble his cry can be enough to break your heart! He is always willing to lend a hand and never does anything half way! Man can he clean!!!! He loves to get excited! He loves to laugh! He loves life!

Malachi: Tough guy...sorta! My Chi wants to be a "scientist" when he grows up. He's learning to read so that he can get a poster that Daddy bought for him that's full of super heros. (which he also whats to be) He has a darling Chubby little face that I love to look at! He has an amazing imagination! He is constantly creating new things out of toys or "things" around the house. Costumes are WITH OUT A DOUBT his favorite thing to play with. He can literally make a costume out of a pair of boxers, a church vest, a shoe lace and a sword. I know. I've seen him do it!

Gabriel: Watch out for this one...as soon as he figure out what girls are...or they discover him...oh my. Gabie's eyes are amazing. They are clear grey (if that makes any sense) He is always so very helpful. I kind of picture his as the neighbor boy that mows the old ladies lawn. I can give him any task and I know it will get accomplished. (today it was the living room) He, like most of his brothers and sisters loves to draw and he is dying to do school work like the big kids. You never know what he's going to say... Today while I was on the phone with the IRS he came in the school room and announced that his under-ware smelled funny! I thought the IRS Lady was gonna choke!

Hannah: Oh my. What can I say... She's so Funny! She's so smart! She's so pretty! If you have never had a conversation with Hannah you are missing out! She is so propper in her diction and very to-the-point. She doesn't bend facts and is very willing to state that she doesn't know something. While some 2-yr-olds might make up an answer to a question Hannah will not. She thinks she's as old as all of the others and I doubt there will be many missed opportunities in her life. She just won't let them go by.

Maggie: She is my growly, smiley little girl. Every time I look at that face. I just want to hug her! Right now she only has her two bottom teeth and about 1/4 of a third on top off to the side. I think she will look like a vampire before long. (But at least she's a cute one!) Which is kind of fitting because the only sound she make right now is a low growl. It always sounds angry but she smiles very sweetly while she does it! She has recently discovered the out doors and gets so excited when we open the front door. I have to make sure that her outing are on foot though, unless I want a fight on my hands. She hates her car seat and stroller. She can throw a fit with the best of them but when she is tired she wants nothing more than a bottle, a blankie, a snuggle and her bed. No complaining or fight then.

Abbie: So Snugly! (is that a word?) I just want to sqiush her or eat her up ...or something. I just love my darling baby. Her eyes have started turning blue (or something like that) and her hair is all still there. Today she looked right at my face and my heart melted! Of course I could live with out the up all night-sleep all day thing. But Ill take all the snuggles I can from her right now. Since she is my last, I plan to nurse her until shes 10! (smile). The older kids, especially the boys, can't keep their hands off her. I love how much they love her!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Okay, knowing your kids the way I do, I completely agree with every one of your descriptions! I just have to add that Hannah, reminds me soooo much of my youngest sister who could be really rotten and sweet as could be all at the same time, like the time that I was in 6th grade, and I brought home a bookcase that I had worked really hard to build in shop class. My sister took off her diaper (she loved to be naked as much as Hannah seems to) and she climbed up to the top shelf and, pleased as punch with herself, she peed all over it! But she was so darn cute, how could we be mad at her?
I love your blogs!