About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Keeping stitches, taking blood, and grey hair...

Keeping Stitches:

So Hannah had her stitches removed today! (you would have known she got them if I had finished the post) True to her personality she screamed the entire time, until the doctor ran out the door leaving us sitting the chair. (that shut her up!) He came back almost as fast as he had left with a strip of scotch tape.

He rummaged through one of the cabinets and pulled out a popsicle stick (tongue depressor) then he taped the stitches to the popsicle stick!

He could not have received a warmer response if he had given her an actual popsicle! She has carried that thing around all day!!! I'll post pictures as soon as I can!



Taking Blood:

As most of you know Ammon has been having seizures. (yet another unfinished post) He is on medication so he needs some routine blood work done about every week now. Well, Gabie has been pretty sick as of late (didn't even try to post that one) At this point the swollen glands, fatigue and enlarged spleen are pointing to Mono. Soooo, he had to have some blood work done too.

When we got there Ammon decided he would go first "To show Gabie how to be brave!"

Now, when Ammon sees blood (especially his own) he doesn't do so well. He WILL NOT speak to the tech that draws it. He sits on my lap and communicates with me through his own version of sign language. He cries silently but does not move! This is all very heart breaking and dramatic. In fact this was the first time I haven't cried and it was solely for Gabriel's sake.

When Ammon was done it was Gabie's turn. He hopped up and cheerfully told the tech how brave he was! While he sat in my lap the was no cuddling or holding that needed to be done. He was ready to get down to business! He barely even flinched when the needle went in and as soon as he saw the tube filling he exclaimed, "Whoa Mommy, look at the cool blood!"

Grey Hair:

While sitting on the couch watching TV with Malachi, one of those commercials came on for those home hair dying kits. Malachi said, "Mom, you should go to Walmart and buy that!!"

To which, I replied, "Do you think Mommy would look pretty with red hair like that?"

His reply, "Um NO. But it might help you get rid of those grey hairs you have!"

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Malachi cracks me up!!! The things kids say are just too much!