About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gabie turns 5!


I can hardly believe that my sweet Gabie Baby is 5 now! He is so bright and loving! Always the helper, he is notorious for over hearing things and just going to do them. I love his smile, and yes, his eyes too! He can't wait until his bigger like his brothers and I don't have the heart to tell him that they will always be older than him.Since we only have parties on certain birthdays (1, 8, 12, & 16) we always try to make birthdays extra special days. Each kiddo gets what they want for dinner and then they choose their cake.
This year Gabie wanted a red one with chocolate icing and a star wars theme. The thing was, he wanted to make his cake all by himself! He did such an awesome job! He measured the oil and water and even cracked the eggs with minimal help from me!
It was a Red Velvet mix! The figures doubled as his gift!
I have no idea how all that batter got on his face!

Here's his finished product!
He got a big kick out of the fact that we sang "May the force be with you!" instead of "Happy Birthday to you"
(same melody though)
Then (in big 5-yr-old-boy fashion) he cut it and passed out the pieces!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Happy Birthday to your boys!