About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm sorry I never called...

To the person that I never comforted. The one who was thought of so many times but never received that phone call.
When I found out what had happened to your sweet baby boy my heart ached to comfort you. Though I never buried a child, I felt that our situations were so very similar.
I'll admit that the reaction of our family made me a little angry. No one called me, no one came to visit, and certainly no one sent cards or letters. Yet, even my own mother flew out to comfort you when she had not come for me. Your loss brought back so much of my own. Perhaps I just wasn't strong enough to push away the bitterness.
But still you were grieving and I should have been there! I should have been your friend.
I know it's little comfort, but I think of you and your little baby often. If I talk about family I always remember him in my numbers. I cry when I read what you write about him and I like to picture him playing with my little David.
I am truly sorry for your loss.
Always,
Erica

2 comments:

~j. said...

Erica, I'm sorry for your loss, and for your pain.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I love you kiddo! Moroni 8:3