About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Marine!

As promised... a picture of the whole gang. I haven't figured out how to make it larger because I received it by email. For those of you who don't know, this handsome Marine is Private Jedidiah Williams. He is my nephew. He is a SINGLE, 20 yr old, Melchizedek priesthood holder. Applications for permission to date him will be excepted by me via email...Please send picture for initial screening!

In all honesty and seriousness though, this boy...I mean MAN... has grown up so much over the past couple of months that I can't even tell you! He has lost 90-some pounds since he decided to join the military.
Aside from that, he came back with a confidence and self esteem that he needs to succeed in life---That was something none of us family members have been able to give him! We are all so proud of him! It warms my heart to know he has finally met a goal that he has wanted to meet since he was a little boy playing "battle" in the back yard with imaginary enemies. (Oh wait, that was just last year!)

Growing up Jed was always more of a little brother than a nephew. I am only 10 yrs older than him. I have watched him grow from the annoying-brother-type to the grown-up-man-type over the past 2 years and it has been very...interesting... to watch. I love my guy and I can't wait to see him married and settled down! He'll make an excellent husband and an even better father someday!

WE LOVE YOU JED!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leisha Mareth said...

Such a handsome man, does it matter that I'm already married with 3 children? =)