About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Freaky...

That's his name! My children woke me up this morning (While sticking this in my face!) to tell me that while they were in the back yard (at 6am) looking for snakes (the reason they are currently NOT allowed in the back yard) they found it! I kid you not, I have never seen a bug this big before! I feel like this picture doesn't even do it justice!!!! While we all think this IS one of the coolest bugs they've ever found, for me it kinda ranks some where between those big nasty roaches and crickets on my "ick" scale. We are letting it go in the morning (If it doesn't die over night) The kids have to show it to a couple more neighborhood kids before we do. I don't really mind. It was kind of a science lesson. We looked it up on the Internet and learned a little bit about them...It's a Giant California Piaphas (I think) I'm not sure I've got the last part right...that was one of the first things I did this morning and I am now working on one of the last things I'll do tonight.
Any way I just thought I'd share you all have a wonderful weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: