About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

WaVaHo Field trip!

For those of you who don't know... (drum roll please...) we HOME SCHOOL! (Gasp!) I know, I know. but don't worry... it's perfectly legal and we DO socialize. One of the things we do for school is a weekly History Co-op. This is where all the stir crazy homeschooling moms get their kids together and have hands-on activities that have to do with the history subject for the year. (As if schooling our children and regular household chores wasn't enough right?) Any way, this year is all about American History. So, our entire group of homeschoolers went on a field trip to Dobbs Park last Tuesday, to visit their Native American History Center.


This is what happened while we were there...




Even Abbie got in on the fun!!!






The director of the Center had a nice activity planned for the kids.

When the kiddos were done slathering paint on their sticks (and in some cases themselves) they were given a tour of the History center and then we went outside to eat under the pavilion. Sorry there are no pictures of this, I had left my camera inside.

Many thanks to April for arranging everything! All the kids had a blast making their coup sticks and sand art! I tried to get more pictures of the older kids but they all came out really blurry.

2 comments:

Ranee said...

I LOVE field trips! I wish we could go on more of them! We've got plans up our sleeve though, for a nature walk sometime soon, with the kiddo's! :0)

Azura @ cik buaya said...

hello im fromm malaysia blogwalking here :) nice blog n very awesome children :) i follow u