About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goin' on a hike...

Monday was Labor day and john had the day off. Abbie actually woke up sick so we took her to Aunt Missy for the afternoon and took the rest of the seemingly healthy children on a hike at McComick's Creek State Park. We hiked trail 3 down to the creek and followed the creek up to the water falls.
Gabriel decided to scale a cliff just for the fun of it. John and I had to actually stop him because I think the little stinker would have actually made it to the top!


John pointed out a snake on the path...
and it took quite a bit of convincing to get the kids to leave it be and not take it home as a pet!

About 3 minutes into the hike we discovered that Abbie wasn't the only one feeling under the weather! We carried Maggie most of the time. She would perk up every now and then but most of the time this is how she felt!

I don't think the boys appreciate my need to do a photo shoot on nearly every hike we take. But some of my favorite pictures of them are during times like this!




Hannah thought this was the Water fall we were looking for and was very excited to point it out to Maggie! I was nearly ready to turn back just so I didn't have to disappoint her!



You should have seen how excited she got when we got to this set of falls! She was sure we were there!



Malachi found some fossils of some kind of shells. I tried to get a good picture but they just didn't come out very clear

Ammon and Chi got to show off their agility by crossing this fallen tree.


When we finally reached the falls and the pool at the bottom we all rolled up our pants and waded a little. It was really to cold to get really wet. Poor Gabie fell twice and ended up soaked!


John opted NOT to get in the water (shocking!) So he sat on a nearby fallen tree...


and took these wonderful pictures!

When Rose and Sarah climbed up to the very same cave that I remember sitting in when I was their age I HAD to get a picture! John wasn't to happy about them being out so far on the ledge of a cliff. This picture doesn't do the height justice because I was actually on a stair case leading up the cliff.
This picture shows it a little better.

Funny thing... We didn't get a single picture of the actual falls while we were at the foot! Oh well, Guess we'll just have to go again! This is the view from the top of the cliff that we climbed via the stairs. (Now maybe you understand Johns concerns with the cave!)

2 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

I LOVE McCormack's Creek! We used to hike there all the time! Man I haven't been there in ages and ages!

Stephanie H. said...

Never been there, looks like so much fun! Love seeing pics of your family enjoying nature, each other, and life :) We've had a chaotic summer with the move so here's to hoping we can all relax and enjoy the fall!