Calli tagged all the Mom's she knew...Thanks! I like these things...Soooo Here goes....By the way I tag Missy, Jen, Monica, and Stephanie Johnson (since all the other Mom's I know have already been tagged)
1.Typically, what time do you wake up? Which time? Hannah (wet her pants) 2-ish, Gabie (needs a drink) 3-ish, Abbie (needs to eat) 4-ish, For the day... about 7:30 or 8:00
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? 8:00pm (7:00 on a BAD day)
3. How long have you been a mommy? Almost 10 years!
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 20 (I contributed to the rate of teenage pregnancies in America in 97')
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? The Magic School Bus! But we don't have TV any more!
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? JJ the Jet Plane - I pretty much hate 'em all but this is the one that both my sister and I agree on! Anoying voices and NO point to the stories in them! Two thumbs WAY DOWN!
7. What is your favorite chore? Oh...there are just so many to choose from...
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Pot Roast! Super Easy and every one eats it!
9. What meal do you cook most often? Rose says,"Mac and cheese w/ hot dogs" But that's at lunch time...I do a lot of chicken and green beans or broccoli too.
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Hmmm...Do they all have to agree?
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Play-He is so great with them...whether it's kicking the soccer ball around or just wrestling on the floor with them!
12. What are 5 (8) things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
A. Abbie's smile
B. Maggie's growl
C. Hannah's brain
D. Gabie's eyes
E. Chi's imagination
F. Ammon's sense of humor
G. Sarah's thoughtfulness
H. Rose's artistic abilities
(G and H are interchangeable)
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? I've always dreamed of taking them to a 3rd world country! REALLY! I want them to live a life of love and service. I would LOVE to have them see what doing with out really means so that they could have a better appreciation for all the blessing they have.-Sappy, I know.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Ummm...We went to see "I am legend While Abbie was in the Hospital and The other kids were still in Indiana...I think that was December.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? Anything school...I LOVE to watch their eyes light up when they learn something new!
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? "No"
17. Name something you do, that your own mom did? Yell!
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? Her acceptance of death.
19. What is your favorite kids book? My Little Sister Hugged an APE! -The kids laugh and laugh when I read it to them!
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Relax, kids wash and so do clothes... cuts heel!
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When I realized I wasn't the perfect Mom I had planned to be.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? When Sarah woke up from her coma after her seizures began.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? About 5 minutes ago
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? About 4 1/2 minutes ago!
- I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!