About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Blogs worth "following"...

To me, it seems... interesting... that I would have "followers". It makes me smile, but I must admit that I don't know why anyone would "follow" me. Allow me to explain...

In all honesty, the whole reason I got started on my blog in the first place was because I was hoping that one day I would be the insightful, humorous, mother of 8, that knew all the answers. I envisioned women (and men) flocking to me for wisdom and parenting advise.

Alas, after blogging for four years, it seems I am still far from that woman. Being a mother of 8 children doesn't make you the all knowing giver of wisdom that others might assume you are. I seek advise more often than I give it. I delight in sharing my mishaps and mess ups as an ever learning mother.

So, where does such a woman go when seeking inspiration, advise, or entertainment? There is no way that I could possibly put all of my fantastic favorites up at the same time! I hope to share more sites with you as time goes on, but I thought you might enjoy seeing where I head when I am searching for...

humor: themotherloadhome

beauty: Andrew

inspiration: Ranee , fromsilencetosong

just plain fun: formerlyphread, maddoxmayhem

homeschooling: chocolateonmycranium

Parenting: oldfashionedmotherhood, beingamotherwhoknows

farming/homesteading: kellesneverdonefarm, selfsustainedliving

These are the blogs that I like to visit when I am at a loss and need to be uplifted... blogs that I feel are worthy of "following"...

7 comments:

zippy said...

Thanks for the good list. We actually have a personal connection to Chocolate on My Cranium (my hubby & her hubby are from the same hometown) and really enjoy her blog already. : )

Your children are beautiful and all grown-up! When did that happen? Have you really been gone THAT long? Miss seeing you, your sweet family, and your gorgeous smile around here!! Hugs to you all--Zippy

Cassi :) said...

Thank you, Erica! That was so nice of you to mention my blog - thank you, that means a lot to me. I love reading about the mishaps like drinking out of the duck pond & dragging in hornet's nests. :) Reading someone's real life is refreshing, it's not doctored to sound good. I'm cheering you on! :)

Cali and Travis said...

Really, because I only blog so that my friends and family across the country can know that we're still alive and kicking. Good to you though for seeing a higher purpose in blogging.

Ranee said...

I am honored to be listed and so glad to offer some inspiration. It seems that inspiration is what I seek the most, so it's nice to know that I inspire you sometimes. You certainly inspire me! So glad to have you for a friend, Erica! :0)

Anonymous said...

É uma bela familia!

Wildgooseman said...

HI, I love your family-life!
These are wunderful children!
May God bless you in future!
Greetings from Germany,
Horst

theconstantwalker said...

Please give everyone in your beautiful family a great big hug from me. xx
Take care sweetpea.