About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rose

What to say about her...

Rose is one of my 12 yr old twins. From the time she was first born she has been independent. She craves adulthood more than any of my other children. When something needs done she is the one I know I can count on. She is caring and level headed, fun and funny! She is my Rosie-Posie!

Rose enjoys all animals. She Raises Flemish Giants for 4-H, loves working with our chickens and ducks, and has had a pet cockatiel (Banana) since she was seven. She also adores her miniature horse named Dreamer, which she cares for almost completely on her own.
One of the things that set her apart from my other children is her passion for horses. She and Sarah (and recently Ammon too) have been "working" for our farrier for a couple of months now. They aren't paid for the work, except that they usually get a ride on one of the gentler horses when they are done. Rose is THRILLED to be spending time with the horses and soaks up everything Cody (and more recently, his Aunt Tammy) tells her.


She recently saw her dreams come true when we gave her an early Christmas present; a 4-yr-old, bay, quarter horse, mare. Watching the two of them meet brought tears to my eyes! She used her Christmas money from Uncle Bobby, Nanna, and Pappa to purchase a new pair of boots and a used show halter. She can hardly wait to show at the fair this year.


I have no idea what she will be when she grows up but I know that she will do it well. Things have always seemed to come pretty easy to Rose. She takes pride in a job well done. Though at times I have wished that school was a little more challenging for her.


Rose is, in a lot of ways, my teacher. I wish I had her natural patience and understanding. She often comforts ME when I am down. I can always count on her patting my arm or giving me a random hug just because she wants to connect with me. I want to be just like her when I grow up!

2 comments:

Divyam said...

the two look really adorable in the pics. .

Ranee said...

So sweet and wonderful! You are a great mom and have beautiful, talented, precious kiddo's! :0)