About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Same ol', same ol'...

Here are some new pictures of our animals...

Our Turkey "Dinner" is getting much bigger and has really blossomed into a nice young tom! He'll be great for his pupose at Thanksgiving! (Shh it's a secret... he thinks he's the king)

Rosie's "Dreamer" is SO CUTE! He can be a bit of a pickle when he wants to be but he LOVES carrots and will do just about anything to get one!




This is one of our newest additions. Her name is Ebony. She is, of course, a Flemish Giant. She weighs in at about 17 lbs (small for a flemish) We got her for Poppie.
Along with our Flemishes we are also raising Mini-lops! These are a couple of our babies. They should be ready to breed in a few months.


This is my Goat Lola. We love her. She has a very interesting personallity. She doesn't like people to get to close to her, but she's very dog-like. She even picks up her bowl and drops it in front of you if she wants fed. She's a very funny little thing.

3 comments:

Ranee said...

LOVE all the great pics! You guys are "Animal Geniuses" and I know who we'll be calling, when we finally get a place where we can have animals of our own! :)

Cassi :) said...

i want a flemish giant!! is he as cuddly as he looks?

leschornmom said...

Cassi!
If you want a pet Rabbit Flemishes are the way to GO!!!!! Seriously! They are the best!!! Super Sweet! My kids carry their flemishes around like teddy Bears!Ammon won't even handle our mini-lops and they're pretty tame as far as rabbits go. But he brushes his Flemish like a dog and can pose him for showing (including turning her over on her back). My girls put bows in their hair and everything! Let me know the next time you come out here to visit and I'll make it happen. Also, I don't personally do it, but lots of people that keep them say they are great in the house and you can paper train them.