About Me

My photo
I am a 29-ish yr old married mother of 8. My family is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My darling husband is my very best friend and together we are raising 8 of the best kids in the world! They are Rose(12) Sarah(12) Ammon(10) Malachi(8) Gabriel(7) Hannah(5) Maggie(4) and Abbie(3) We currently own 2 dogs, 1 bird, 5 chinchillas, 1,000,000 rabbits, 1 cat, 4.5 horses, and one ferret. We just purchased a home that is definately a "fixer-upper", with land and room for the kids to roam. Our goal is to run a mostly self sustaining farm and live in peace as we grow as a strong family unit. We have seen our fair share of hardships, but we are thankful for the many blessings the Lord gives us on a regular basis!

Monday, May 9, 2011

What we've been up to...

So it's been a long time since I've posted. But I'm finally up on line!!! I hooked the computer up all by myself! Yay me! So anyway, here are some of the things our family has been up to since we went off line...


As you know we have pretty much moved completely. The house is no where near finished but I do plan to put up before and after pictures of each room as we go... All except for the bathroom. For, while I did THINK about taking pictures, I was so icked out by the condition of the "before" state I REFUSED to take any!


I didn't think to take any pictures of us unpacking (who would?) but here's a picture of what happens to the boxes as we unpack them.


Ammon spent some time "cow sitting" for a brown and white Holstein bull calf named Hershey. He did such a great job that we bought him a little Jersey bull calf to care fr over the next year. His name is Reese's... Fitting since the other calf looks like he might end up becoming a permanent fixture around here.


The really funny thing is that he and Larry have become pretty good buddies!




All of the rabbits that we bred began producing abundant litters! I think we ended up with around 40 babies! Anyway, we have picked out the cream of the crop and are selling off the rest! The same neighbor that we're cow-sitting for plowed our garden for us!


Then Abbie helped Daddy plant tomatoes and peppers!!!!
This is from breakfast this morning. The day was so beautiful that I couldn't stay inside! Rose and Sarah were THRILLED to have me take pictures of them early in the morning pre-shower mode!

Malachi spends most of his free time practicing his golf swing with the real golf set that Papa got him for his birthday!



While I spend most of MY time admiring my Horses...

Hannah seems to have inherited Rose's love of horses...


She spends most of her time begging for a ride...



and Rose spends most of her time on the big horses...



and helping her sisters torture the little one!


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh! You made my day with this post and these pics. I miss the kids and Larry so much! Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you are really enjoying your new home. I'm sure it's exhausting at times, but I'm so happy for you!
Love ya!

Ranee said...

It's SO beautiful there! I am sure you are just loving it there! We are planning to buy a house on some land (with no HOA) at the beginning of next year, so we can have animals and a big garden and room to run and play! I guess I know who to ask when we have questions about our animals! (We've never tried it before, but are at least planning on goats and chickens and a horse or two down the road. I LOVE horses!)

theconstantwalker said...

Well done you..
Fantastic images of your lovely kids all having a great time.
Many thanks for sharing it really made me smile.

Kimmie said...

What a beautiful piece of God's earth you have. Hope you are enjoying unpacking.

I found you by typing in 8 children blog...we have 8 children too!

Bless you are you raise your wee ones, may the joy of the Lord be your strength.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Unknown said...

Cute horses!!!
I wish I had 4 horses and 40 baby bunnies!!!

Unknown said...

You have a happy family!I wish I were you!